MPBL Study Form
The MPBL programme has been planned in order to allow the participants to combine the study with a full time job. As a general guideline a half-time study will require approximately 15 hours per week throughout the duration of the programme.
There is, however, provision for extending the study by selecting fewer units per module and per year, whereby the total duration of the study may be extended to a maximum of 6 years.
There are two study activities: Project and project courses (P-courses). The project may involve: project work individually or in groups, portfolio work, work-based learning activities etc. The P-courses are supporting the project work and examined via the project exam which may be an individual or a group exam dependent upon the project work. Courses may be conducted in various ways, such as seminars, study circles, etc.
The participants’ projects are the most important part in the MPBL program. A lot of learning resources are provided:
The learning resources supporting the project are:
- P-course Sessions: These include on-line lectures in the form of any combination of streamed video, PowerPoint presentations, audio presentations and texts.
- Discussion Fora: Each project group will have a project group room of their own where they can discuss issues related to their project work. Also, for each course, there will be a discussion forum where course participants can discuss the contents of on-line lectures in courses. Finally, a discussion forum will be available for discussing other relevant and overarching issues.
- Readings: On-line articles, links to relevant literature on the Internet and references to books.
- Library: The University Library (AUB) can assist with further reading material, provided either via on-line services or off-line.
- Facilitation: Each project group will have a university teacher from one of the MPBL partner universities as facilitator of the project work. There will be Skype or Adobe Connect meetings.
For the project courses and the projects, there will be an oral distance exam based on the projects. The study courses are examined independently via a final oral exam based on the submitted mini-projects. Skype or Adobe Connect will be used for the exams.